As Christmas rolls around, here is a Christmas 2016 gift guide for anyone looking for a few ideas for Milan and/or Italy enthusiasts in general. In case you need some help checking them off your list, I thought I’d create a Christmas 2016 gift guide to give you some ideas.
- Peck’s Christmas Tea: This is Christmas in a cup! The spices and aromas of the holidays are the perfect remedy for the cold weather. Peck also has plenty of other deliciousness on both the sweet and savory side to satisfy every craving.
- Amaretti from Panificio Carrosio The perfectly dreamy amaretti from Panificio Carrosio in Piedmont’s Voltaggio are the ultimate Christmas cookie, and there’s no better place to get them then from somewhere that’s been doing this for four generations and counting. They can ship anywhere in the world and need about a week to ship everything in time.
- Dream of Venice books: JoAnn Locktov’s books are a must for anyone who loves Venice, anyone who dreams of visiting Venice or a travel book collector. You can read more about them here.
- Birreria Menabrea’s Christmas Beer: I once visited this brewery in Piedmont and they’ve been making craft beer since 1846. Every christmas, they make a special beer for the holidays. It’s light and red-hued, that’s refreshing with just the right amount of winter spice. Order yours here.
- Storie in Italy Jewelry: This amazing jewelery line is sold at Bottega dell’Arte shops in Monterosso and Vernazza in Cinque Terre as well as online. The beautiful pieces encompass upcycled old things (I love me some old things) like rosary beads, saint medals, cameos, vintage accessories and more. I own several pieces and my collection keeps growing! Check them out here.
- Pasticceria Marchesi confections: If you know me or follow me on the social networks, you’ll know that I love, love, love, Pasticerria Marchesi. I wish I was staying local this Christmas if only to wake up to some of their delights on Christmas morning. Check out the Christmas catalogue here.
- Zaini: This 103-year-old artisan chocolate shops sells my favorite chocolate. They have a number of bars wrapped in charming holiday themed old-fashioned packaging; little chocolate Santa Claus figures; a gellee nativity, and the best: The Donald Trump election bar with a tag that says “Making Christmas Great Again.” Visit their webiste here. They don’t seem to ship, unfortunatley for non-locals, Zaini is for locals only.
Photo: Annie Spratt